Discover the latest industry news, event reports and new products and machinery in the agricultural and garden machinery industry.
In the latest issue of the BAGMA Bulletin Magazine, we explore the secrets of the world's fastest tractor: The modification that propelled the Fastrac Two to over 150mph.
Make 2020 the year you get involved
“It’s important for your business, your employees’ development and BAGMA.” says BAGMA President, Peter Arrand
MAY I TAKE this opportunity to wish all our members a very happy and prosperous New Year. Hopefully, you found time to have an enjoyable and well-deserved break over the festive season.
After a very turbulent year – in terms of politics and the weather – we finished on a high, with our immediate past president, Brian Sangster, collecting the Outstanding Contribution Award at the Service Dealer Conference and Awards. However, Brian has not put his feet up and continues to be a STEM ambassador, a judge of the Innovation Awards at the Royal Highland Show, chair of the BAGMA Scottish Group, chairman of the LE-TEC Management Group, and the BAGMA representative on the BIRA board of management. On behalf of BAGMA, thank you Brian for all that you do and a special thank you to Sheila for supporting you.
So, we turn to 2020, and my request is to ask all our members to get involved. What do I mean by this? BAGMA is only as strong as its members and as we work through all our priorities and challenges in 2020, think about what you or your employees are doing to contribute to the industry. Do you encourage participation in industry groups, committees and meetings, allow staff a small amount of paid time off work to promote our industry, visit schools, attend BAGMA Connect meetings and get involved in various working groups? It may seem like time away from the business but by contributing in this way it will develop not only your business but your employees too.
In this issue
2. News – BAGMA’S former president, Brian Sangster, is honoured with the Outstanding Contribution Award; Thomas Sherriff buys the professional turf business of Greenlay; high demand for diesel fuel filters
6. CLIMMAR Report – Highlights of the speeches from the 66th Congress in Switzerland
8. Experts – Training, safety and tachographs are covered this issue
10. Cover story – How the world’s fastest tractor was build
14. Events – Not long now for BTME and BAGMA’s curling event
16. LAMMA Review – Some of the best new products from the first ag machinery exhibition of 2020View all BAGMA Bulletin editions