BAGMA Connect Meeting 2019
BAGMA Connect is a new working group within the British Agricultural and Garden Machinery Association reporting to the BAGMA Council of Representatives.
The first meeting of 2019 will be held on 15 January 2019 at STIHL’s Head Office, Surrey.
BAGMA Connect has a core group of members with a Chairman, Vice Chairman and secretary dealing with everyday tasks and organising meetings on a National and regional basis. The purpose of the group is to encourage members to take part in meetings that will be held around the country three or four times a year with an agenda that will cover current topics of concern within the industry, training, legislation, lobbying, relationships with manufacturers and suppliers, Brexit, member services, local issues and how BAGMA Connects with industry and its members.
It is expected that by being a mobile group more members will be able to attend meetings on a regional basis without being concerned about any time-consuming commitment but being able to benefit from the work of the group on a National basis and input as they wish to.
BAGMA Connect is intended to connect members to each other, to industry and to BAGMA by way of meetings, social media, the internet and the BAGMA Members magazine as well as to European dealers through BAGMA’s membership of CLIMMAR the European umbrella group for our industries trade associations.
This is a new initiative created by BAGMA members for the benefit of all. Non-members will be welcome at meetings by invitation.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the last meeting held on 28 February 2018
- Connect Group-Structure and Strategy
- Young Managers Group – update
- Training and Education – David Kirschner Consultant: Trail Blazers, LE-TEC, LTA and Technical Qualifications
- Health and Safety for Dealers – Dean Lowe, Safety Aide: Latest news from HSE and changing legislation
- CLIMMAR – Update on the National Dealer Survey. Position papers on Smart Farming, recruitment and dealer contracts
- Regional Issues: Open discussion on regional issues, recruitment and retention
- Matters for Discussion as advised prior to the meeting
- BAGMA Services: Brief overview of what is new and useful
- Any other business (please advise prior to the meeting if possible), followed by a general discussion and other matters arising from the meeting
- Dates and venues of meetings for 2019
LUNCH @ 1.00pm. There will be a tour of the Stihl facilities during the meeting. Time to be advised.
BAGMA Connect Meeting – 15 January 2019, 10am
STIHL House, Stanhope Road
Contacts through: Gaynor Moreton, BAGMA Connect Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01295 713344
Peter Arrand, RBM Agriculture, Chairman
Keith Christian, Director of BAGMA email@example.com