Direct Debit information
The subscriptions payable for membership are determined using the total number of employees. The subscription is subject to VAT, and a VAT invoice will be forwarded following payment. The tax will normally be recoverable by VAT registered businesses. A renewal reminder will be issued a few weeks prior to the due date. You can contact the membership team for a copy of the Bira Constitution and Rules as they will apply to all members. The Bira Board of Management’s right to refuse membership is final. No refund or part refund will be given should a member decide to cancel membership.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Bira will notify you ten working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Bira to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Bira or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Bira asks you to.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify Bira.
The Bira membership team will process any membership subscription application forms and confirm your payment, then we’ll be in touch to welcome you on board.