Self-Employment Income Support Scheme – what you need to claim it
The Government’s online portal to claim from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) opened this morning (Wednesday, May 13).
Anyone eligible for this scheme should have received notification from HMRC via a letter, text message or email.
To make an application, claimants will need:
- Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) – if you do not have this find out how to get your lost UTR
- National Insurance number – if you do not have this find out how to get your lost National Insurance number
- Government Gateway user ID and password – if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you make your claim
- UK bank details (only provide bank account details where a Bacs payment can be accepted) including:
- bank account number
- sort code
- name on the account
- your address linked to your bank account
Start the application process now