The Benefits of Safety Training
By law, a basic knowledge of H&S and fire awareness is essential for ALL employees in ALL industries.
Of course, this costs money and time (both of which are likely to be in short supply). But, remember, there are major business benefits to be gained from safety training. By cutting accidents and ill health and by helping to ensure faultless operations, safety training can make a major contribution to the success of your business.
Why investing in training matters!
Accidents and ill health associated with work lead not just to needless pain and suffering, but to huge costs and loss of business continuity.
Key figures for Great Britain (2016/17):
- 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,542 mesothelioma deaths due to asbestos exposures (2015)
- 137 workers killed at work
- 609,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 70,116 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 31.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.9 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2015/16)
Ensuring safe and healthy working must be a key priority for everyone at work and this requires real competence, not just commitment and good intentions.
If you are a director, owner or H&S manager of a business, you will appreciate that you personally need to be competent to lead the management of the business safely. And you will also understand the importance of being systematic in ensuring that your employees and your contractors’ staff are competent when it comes to health and safety.
The way you approach health and safety training speaks volumes about your business, your values and your professionalism. It also:
- Helps your employees to identify hazards and adopt safe and healthy working practices
- Helps to avoid the pain, anguish and financial costs that accidents and ill health cause
- Fosters a positive culture of health and safety, in which unsafe and unhealthy working are not tolerated
- Enables you to meet your legal duty to protect the health and safety of your employees and others
Safety Aide is here to help…
Our e-learning system will enable employers to meet their statutory obligations for training and help to develop a health and safety culture, where staff takes an involvement in health and safety to ensure safe working practices are standard.
You can access the online health and safety e-learning training system that delivers professional and highly effective employee H&S training at affordable prices.
Our e-learning health and safety training system is a powerful tool in training new and existing staff on the mandatory aspects of workplace health and safety issues.
The benefits of e-learning
E-learning offers significant benefits to both the organisation and the employee:
- Enables employers to meet their statutory obligations for training
- Very low costs
- Training can be completed online from work or home
- Continuity in H&S training at all times across multi sites
- You can track and monitory employee progress and completion
- Reduces chances of costly litigation
- Investment in staff training increases staff retention
- Reduces absenteeism
- Ensures that employees act safely, stay healthy and are more productive
- Interactive and engaging
- Can be used as refresher training
The online system offers many unique functions to ensure that the user gains the most they can from their training experience. The training modules are interactive, informative, exciting to use and completely up-to-date with current health and safety legislation and directives.
Your system is hosted externally on our secure servers and means that you don’t have any worries about maintenance, security or IT issues. The online training is delivered via a normal web browser and does not require any additional software or plugins.
For more information on Safety Aide and the benefits for BAGMA members, click here.
Source: Paul Marsh, Safety Aide.