BAGMA Foundation Parts Operations Training
With no previous experience required, this two-day course is designed for people new to the Parts business who will carry out retail and workshop counter sales duties.
Candidates will acquire the essential skills needed to be a Parts Professional and will be able to:
- Understand the role of the Parts Department within the overall business; its contribution to profit and its potential liability to the business. (Foundation only)
- Understand the key elements of a Parts Store and the flow of parts through the business.
- Recognise types of inventory and order methods used (fast moving, seasonal, safety stock, regular stock order, VOR, etc.)
- Understand basic pricing structures and what cost, margin and profit means and how discounting affects them
- Confidently identify the needs of the customer
- Offer related selling opportunities to the customer to increase sales
- Understand the principles of retail showroom layout and management
- Work as part of a team within the Parts Department and the Dealership as a whole