Brake Performance Testing of Mobile Work Equipment for Serviceability (Air & Hydraulic System)
This one day course for those with several years’ experience of agricultural, horticultural/plant machinery, provides technicians with practical guidance in the Brake Performance Testing of Mobile Work Equipment and Agricultural Trailers (air and hydraulic braking systems), Under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) Regulation 6(2) and the relevant legislation, areas of responsibility, brake performance testing procedures, methods, recording, and reports.
The course has both practical and theoretical sessions; the practical work will be carried out on an agricultural tractor and agricultural trailer (air and hydraulic braking system).
The course will cover:
- Relevant health and safety legislation
- Regulations and safe working practices and procedures
- Health and safety implications of Brake Performance Testing as part of BAGMA Thorough Examinations Scheme
- Brake performance testing procedures:
- Testing methods
- Recording, testing and certification
- Defect / weaknesses and complete reports on testing on:
- PUWER, brake testing procedures
- PUWER, agricultural trailer brake performance testing (hydraulic system)